Icon of the Mother of God Door of Mercy Yaroslav

Honor: coronation of August 18, 1996
Date of appearance: І пол. XVII century
Location: Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord in Yaroslav Iconographic type: Odigitriya

The icon was written in the first half of the seventeenth century, and later it was re-painted several times.

On August 17, 1747, on the day of the blessing of the newly built temple of the Transfiguration of the Lord, the "Doors of Mercy" icon was solemnly transferred to this temple.

After the Ukrainians' deportation (1945-1947) from Poland, the parish of the Transfiguration of the Lord in Yaroslav ceased to exist, the temple was closed, but the miraculous icon remained in it.

In 1974, along with the lateral throne, she was transferred to a local restoration workshop, which carried out the first research of the icon.

In 1977 the miraculous icon was transferred to the Yaroslav Museum, and in 1978 it was transferred to the Warsaw Academy of Arts for analysis and restoration, and the original image of the Virgin Mary with the Children was opened.

The restored icon and a separate dress to her with a later image March 23, 1986 is returned to the museum of the city of Yaroslav.

In 1987 the parish of the Transfiguration of the Lord in Yaroslav was restored.

1993 The miraculous image of the "Door of Mercy" (on the eve of the blessing of the reconstructed Temple of Transfiguration) was returned to the church community.

September 8, 1879, the Transcendent Bishop Ivan Stupnytsky crowned the icon with episcopal crowns.

On July 27, 1911, by the actions of priest Kiyopriyan Khotinetsky and Bishop Konstantin Chekhovich, Pope Pius X renewed and continued the given icon of dismissal.

November 22, 1911 Rome recognized the icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary miraculous.

On August 18, 1996, the solemn coronation of the Miraculous Icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary "Mercy Doors", with the participation of Cardinal Silvestrin, took place. The coronation was made on behalf of the Pope, now St. John Paul II.

The icon "Mercy door" at the request of Pope Francis was proclaimed an official icon of the Year of God's Mercy (from December 8, 2015 to November 20, 2016).